Our worship style may best be described as ‘contemporary liturgical’ seeking to use contemporary language and images in an inclusive way through metaphor and story. Colour, symbols, candles, inclusive language and story, all help to shape the worship experience.
In a fast changing world and church, Cathedral worship aims to help us know and feel how we relate as individuals to ourselves, others, and to the world.
Morning Worship is held in the Cathedral each Sunday at 11.15am and we would be delighted if you can join us. Tea and Coffee are served at the west end of the Cathedral after the Service, to which visitors are especially welcome.
The following facilities are also provided each Sunday at the Service:
- A loop system for the hard of hearing is in operation in the Cathedral.
- Large-print Hymn books are available from the welcome team on duty at the door.
- A Cathedral Directory, the Who’s Who list of contacts for all Cathedral activities and organisations and copies of the current edition of the Cathedral magazine ‘The Grapevine’ are available at the West End.
- A Gift Stall, offering books, postcards, small gifts and souvenirs, is situated at the West door entrance.
Our communion services are open to all.
There is a short intimate communion service lasting about 30minutes at 9.30am in St Rognvald’s Chapel on the third Sunday of the month [except September] and each Sunday during June, July and August.
Communion is also offered as part of our main Sunday service on the first Sunday in February, Easter Day, the last Sunday of June, July and August and All Saints, the first Sunday in November.
- Remembrance 2019
- 3 November 2019
- 27 October 2019
- 20 October 2019
- Sunday 13th October 80th Anniversary of the sinking of HMS Royal Oak Morning Service 11.15am
- Sunday 26th May Morning - 11.15am
- Sunday 19th May Morning - Nature Festival Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 5th May Morning Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 14th April Morning Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 17th March Morning Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 10th March Morning Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 27th January Morning Service - 11.15am
- Sunday 20th January Morning Service - 11.15am
If you wish to receive a copy of recent sermons please contact the minister.